Friday, September 28, 2012

Manchester United We Are Not

At least the supermodel comes to
games to keep morale up
Our soccer team has our second game Saturday  For those of you keeping up, I am only the coach because the team was so big it needed to be divided. Well Saturday the two headed monster fights itself. We scrimmage one another every Thursday night and I came home last night, not hopeful that we would win a game, ever but rather that maybe we might make a shot on goal. Not actually score but just get the ball close enough to try. My best players(the ones from Latin American countries) have been poached to play on a team at a higher age group. My goalie is too "southern" (big) to be able to move around in front of the goal and don't dare ask him to run or jump. Another player, while playing, walked over to me and told me, "Some of the kids at my school see soccer as something you just do in your extra time." I pointed out to him that while this was true, he was supposed to be our left fullback at that exact moment and that someone had just scored on the left side because he was explaining his thoughts on extra-curricular events to me and our keeper was on the right side of the goal and couldn't be bothered to scoot over.

The boys continue to have fun. That is the goal but at some point I would like to see the ball on the other end of the field. Maybe I just line them all up in front of the goal to keep the ball from going in and tie all our games.

No comments:

Post a Comment