Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Grimm Reaper visits...again

The supermodel and I either have weak immune systems or we live with disease vectors...

Also, I know she has a degree in pharmacology and rat torture (ask her about loopy) but I am not sure if I should trust her with my meds. The last few nights I have been rolling around in sort of a drug addled state. I remember standing at my dresser at some point drinking baptist bourbon (NyQuil) straight from the bottle. Obviously,  that makes me a baptist drunk because just like its non-evangelical equal, Jagermeister, they are both served in shot glasses. Giving up the shot glass in lieu of getting it straight from the tap equals "a problem."

I mean cold meds are fun when you are teaching but not when I am trying to sleep! That is sacred time. I usurped her self-given authority and took two Benedryl and slept like a baby. I plan on waking up at some point later today hopefully.

p.s. in looking for fun pictures I came across this....
Dear sweet Jesus! Stuncapher I am looking to you to make
this happen!
Dayquilroni (Dayquil Negroni)

1.5 oz Gin
1.5 oz Sweet vermouth
.75 oz Campari
.75 oz DayQuil
Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in shaker and stir. Strain into rocks glass with fresh ice. Garnish with orange slice.

or option two....


Lights Out Old Fashioned
1.5 oz Bourbon or rye whiskey (Bulleit Rye or Wild Turkey 101, recommended)
1 oz Sleepytime simple syrup*
15 ml NyQuil
1 dash Angostura bitters
2 dashes Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6
Instructions:
In a chilled rocks glass, combine the whiskey, Sleepy Time simple syrup and nyquil over a single large ice cube. Add bitters. Garnish with orange peel (optional).

*Sleepytime Simple Syrup:
Cold-steep one bag of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea in pre-made simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar) for 1-2 minutes, depending on how much of the tea flavoring you want to incorporate
Instructions:
In a chilled rocks glass, combine the whiskey, Sleepy Time simple syrup and nyquil over a single large ice cube. Add bitters. Garnish with orange peel (optional).

1 comment:

  1. You have three children....of course you live with disease vectors. I'm sure you could write another thesis on the petri dishes which are the offspring. Speaking of the offspring...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A

    ReplyDelete