Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A plague upon my house

Saturday was the made up holiday that my father's side of the family celebrates. It was initially set up to make it more convenient for my ailing grandmother and to cut down on the stress of trying to see everyone at Thanksgiving and again at Christmas. So, the 15 of December every year we get together and celebrate both holidays. It really has been smart and a ton of fun even if it does feel a bit like festivus.
"I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it!"
The last few years, it has been held at the YMCA in Montgomery. This is the Y that I learned to swim at. I have a very poor memory and what I do have is snapshots of the most odd things. I can tell you the exact layout of that pool and the diving board I jumped off of for the first time ever and my father, P daddy, treading water waiting to catch me. Who were my friends growing up? No idea. Blueprint for the pool? Yep.

He did however keep backing up and making me try to swim to him
Unattainable goals start in the pool. 
I digress, the Y. So we rent a room full of inflatables that has a kitchen and bathrooms. It is the perfect set up. There is a giant slide, a bouncy house and a huge obstacle course type of thing. The Shadow was overwhelmed and scared and shy... for the first 5 minutes. At some point her P-daddy took off his shoes and went to the top of the slide with her and slid with her. After that is was on. For the next three hours she never stopped moving. Well she stopped when Santa got there. This is her first Santa experience. She did great. Not great for blog fodder but adorable in person.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Lil Dino fell ill Sunday with cholera/dysentery. At one point while tending to the little two by myself he ended up in the tub where I felt like he could contaminate the least things. There were things coming out in places I didn't know they could. It was bad.
Seriously? Bathe in the morning and evening? Who has time for that?
Clean the house everyday?
Avoid Drunkenness?
Quite Frankly, I am surprised we haven't had Cholera more often.

I got the same thing yesterday. I feel bad for Lil Dino.

2 comments:

  1. It went through Rachele's family too. Davis had it yesterday. We will be in quarantine if you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let anyone else get it - I'm trying to have dinner with you people Thursday.

    ReplyDelete