Monday, October 8, 2012

Now don't I feel Sheepish

Great film and future tattoo

So, perhaps I was a bit dramatic in assuming we/our house wouldn't survive the weekend and the sleepover. I will however say that several other parents read us our last rights and wanted to have our mental health checkups a bit early this year. Where to begin? Friday was a mad dash to get Luke's Christmas Tree rash seen about, Cookie Cake picked up(with some double doosies), Stay Puft sprung, then to where shopping is a pleasure to get snacks for the 8 AM soccer game the next day. All this went off brilliantly. We even had extra time to clean the house a bit and gather our nerves and devise a strategy to flank and out maneuver the warring hoard of 3rd graders.

Turns out they were all the most polite and well behaved children in the world. Dr. Toilet was the consummate host and was as well mannered and even keeled as any other child whose body had been snatch and replaced by some alien surrogate. This makes twice in one week that this alien has shirked off the responsibility of loudest, attention seeking little brother. I am consulting my star chart later to see which planets are aligned and when they will be again so that we can host a party in our home.

or in sombrero, El doctor senor toilet
The roving gang patrolled the neighborhood, swords in hand, looking for trouble. There was none to be found so they returned, had pizza, cookie cake and ice cream, and retired to the basement to  enjoy a film. I have never heard such polite children. I almost feel bad for assuming they would burn my house to the ground after tying me up and throwing me down the stairs. I will say that prior to watching the movie they all had to take off their shirts. I don't remember this part of my childhood of topless male bonding but I don't doubt it happened. After they had finished their film, they went to bed and turned out the lights. This happened at say 9:45 or 10.

I immediately go to sleep.

Has there ever been a more
frustrating game to lose to kids at?
Should I feel bad for not staying up? For not making sure they went to sleep? I do not feel guilt over this. Reports came back in the morning that soon after the lights went out, they came back on and board games were played until 2 in the morning. Good for them. A spirited round or two of Battleship never hurt anyone. (Unless you count veterans of WWII).

The hot light was on. Similar
to a grail shaped beacon.
I was up at 6 and out the door to get doughnuts. Dropped them off and went to get Wilson for a soccer game. I got back as boys were being picked up around 10-12. A good time was had and then naps were taken. Brilliant Sleepover? Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment