Monday, October 8, 2012

Napping through and Kitchen Renovation

After the party was over, every one went to their respective rooms to nap. Mr. Fabulous (aka Dr. Toilet) and Wilson complained and were both asleep within 5 minutes. Wilson had retreated to a friends house to miss the party and stayed up late as well. I never went to sleep because naps make me grumpy. I don't know why but I do know I loathe this about myself. After one hour, Wilson was up. After two and a half I was forced to wake his mother as I had gotten a two minute warning from 2-pop(my father) that he and his contractor friend who will be known as Bob the Builder (BtB). We had known for some time that with my parents kitchen remodel we would be getting hand me down appliances. There was much rejoicing. I was not however prepared to get the phone call.

What do you mean it doesn't fit.
Of course I measured. I used a yard stick
I was told they were two minutes away and I should disconnect and remove my dishwasher and refrigerator so as to speed up the process of replacing them. You know two minutes is enough time. I will not complain about doing the work because I later caught the supermodel hugging the new fridge. The dishwasher went in without a hitch while the fridge wanted to fight us. It was 1/8 of an inch too tall to fit under the cabinet above. First, the front feet are lowered. Not enough. Then there is what 2pop refers to as "figurin" which he has no taste for. It is decided by BtB and 2pop that the rear wheels have to come off  as well. I am the toter in all this. I tote tools from the basement to the kitchen for them as they call out their names. "Thingamgig?" "I've got twenty." (But who cares... I want moooooorrrreeeeeee. Sorry couldn't stop in the middle.) My quads have begun to burn from trips up and down the stairs when I ask if there is anything I can do to help out BtB in return for all this help in the kitchen. The answer had been discussed while on one of my trips to the basement before I asked.

More or less my basement. Yes, including the statue of Eric
Picture this, I am in basketball shorts, flip-flops, and a t-shirt toting my welder and welding helmet to the driveway. I was to weld the sides back onto his trailer where they had broken free. I was pumped. No more toting, I get to weld, and I don't owe anyone any favors at the end of the day. That task got done and it is always nice to weld again even if I do smell like singed hair afterwards according to the supermodel. And does she have to tell everyone that I set my jeans on fire when I took my welding class? It happens to everybody.

Mr. Fabulous was woken up in the middle of all of this but was not truly with us until some time Sunday. Lack of sleep we have found is the only thing that can stop his mouth and his appetite. Don't tell his teachers though as they may ask up to get all Gitmo at home and do sleep deprivation trials and we may agree to them.

Link to song so you can REALLY get it stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment