Thursday, April 16, 2015

Freeeedom!!!!

So I was confused for a Baptist preacher yesterday. Most of you know me well enough to be laughing and shaking your head at this point. I will give you a minute.

This is the SuperModel and I are enjoying our biannual Kid Free Weekend! I am already looking forward to the next one in 2017. Details thus far?

We drove across the ham for an hour to get to MiMi and 2Pop's house to leave the hoard. There were instructions and details and things but I stood to the side eating potato salad then sneaking out without saying goodbye.

Some say that I left as quickly as I can
and that I never look back after leaving my kids.
All I know is I was free
The three hour drive to the land of hotty and toddy felt like the blink of an eye due to no kids. We chatted and laughed and crossed our legs in want of a potty in the land of no potties that is the new I22. Seriously there are no exits in Alabama. I digress.

Stopped off and saw the Bride and Groom for a hot minute then came to Noonanza to play at the petting zoo that is there homestead and with Stuben The Backup, he is the Supermodels backup. Saturday we went and had farm fresh breakfast and sleepy southern town outside of Oxford. I think the food was all local due to no paved roads into or out of town and so that is the only option.

A farm is just a farm till you add these guys yelling at you. Then it sounds like a zoo.
Then we were off to the renewal of vows I was officiating. It was a bit odd due to the fact that it was at the crossroads in the Delta of MS where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil for the ability to play the guitar and sing the blues. Its hard to work that into a ceremony and I did not. The supermodel left her bag 2 hours away at Noonanza and had to borrow some 14 year olds dress and heels. She rocked them too. Dang her SuperModel abilities to make anything work.

Why'd you sell your soul to the devil? Well I wasn't using it. 
Highlights included: not ruining the ceremony, the large group of women cane poll fishing for catfish during the ceremony on a pier, seeing The Siren (my absolute most favorite singer/smoking hot biologist/gamer/dreamboat captain), and seeing our friends be happy and about the ceremony.  Post ceremony was the Juke Joint Festival in the Delta town of Clarksdale. Blues music, crawfish, polish sausage, bbq nachos, local beer, some bourbon, and wait this list is just food and drinks. I think we just wandered around and ate come to think about it. Again if you know me, you know this was glorious.



A good nights sleep and now louging around in the sunshine being cerenaded by the peacocks and turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment