Tuesday, February 19, 2013

getting back to minivans

I admit that I like to want. I enjoy the wanting and the researching and the picking out. I will take months or years to make what I consider are big decisions. The wanting is the fun part for me. I dig and I research and I can tell you everything you want to know about all the ins and outs and find you the exact thing that matches my needs or yours. I wish I could get paid to be a purchasing advisior. I know this isn't a real title but that + professional organizer would be my ideal job.

I digress. Minivans. I have the brand and year and mileage worked out for what we will be getting but then I get to dream big and plan for if I win the lottery and can make my very logical and pragmatic self slurge a bit and do what I really want. Case in point: the minivan. I want one of two things. 1. Stark, Pragmatic, Industrial. I want a van that once the kids are out, you could take a hose to the inside. Current front runner for this, next years Ford Transit Connect Wagon.
Sure you guys can drink purple grape juice
and eat very sticky things. 
Now all you have to do is add a third row in 2013 and Wah-La (phonetical!). This is a brilliant, utilitarian monster. Caveat, I don't love there is no pass through in row two and only 2 seats in the back.
Swanky version of your Plumbers Van
I have often said that with two kids the best car to buy would be an old Crown Vic cop car. Listen to my reasons before you mock me. 1. and the most important. A divider. Preferably sound proof. 2. the back seats of those cruisers are replaced with one piece plastic seats that if soiled are hose-able. No more cheerios ground into the carpets. 3. The doors and windows are already child proofed. Okay I am out of reasons but go re-read number 1. It sounds glorious. Even the Transit Connect can come with a metal cage with a door to separate the front from the minions back. Parents don't act like this isn't tempting. Non-Parents, trust me. Or rather picture the last time you had to pick your friends up from a "big night out." Drunk adults are basically 4 year-olds. See? Now you want to borrow my van.

 Here is option 2...
And you thought I was ridiculous.
Honda with a German's Nose
I want to go all out and over the top nice and fun and custom and make it my own. I hate the current trend of cars to all look the same. Granted I know they can't help this because of safety requirements but still!
So, Take a normal enough Honda Odyssey and lower it, put dumb (aka harsh riding, high rolling resistance) wheels and tires on it, Graft on the nose from a BMW 3 series, and rip out the dash cluster and replace it with a removable iPad mini. Now was that so hard?


oh now that is just sexy
Yes, I know its dumb and lowers resale value. I know I won't do it but a boy can dream! Leave me alone. Stop judging me. 

The iPad thing is hot. 

The Supermodel gets frustrated because I see no middle ground. I say the middle ground is for people with no vision. Vision of what could happen if you dream big or Vision of what will happen because you have kids and thus will need a hose and industrial cleaners that you have to import from mexico because of our strict EPA regulations.  I won't say which one but one of my sisters once created quite the mess in the floorboard of our parents station wagon. Ask her about it. Dare ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment