Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Camp etc mostly etc

Summer Camp was last week. I thought surely I would have written about it. Guess not. Exhaustion set in and I gave up. In brief? It was good. I think we did a good thing hosting a science camp for minority high school students. They got a lot out of it and I hope it propels them into careers in science.

Okay enough with the touchy feely nonsense. I am in the trenches with two classes right now. This baby isn't going to pay for his own daycare...yet. I am working on a way around the child labor laws that some hippy in the 1800 set up.
I bet his parents appreciated the extra income in spite of his new smoking habit

The supermodel and I want to just sit in a public place with StayPuft and RexARoni (still working on his pseudo) and put out a hat. You throw money in the hat and can do what my grandfather does, stare into their souls and suck the youth from them to increase your own longevity. Alternatively, you could put money in just because you think they are cute but who isn't trying to avoid shaking off that mortal coil?
Here is the other option. Not a great option. Who is that guy creepin' over in that red tent?
Fountain of Youth? No thank you. I will steal Baby Youth.

I have started and deleted several paragraphs about the minutia of every day life. Boys in MS, Baby is rolling over and smiling and playing on his mothers affection manipulating us. StayPuft is precocious and quick. I think her 40 yard dash time could get her a position with the Arizona Cardinals. Worlds fastest defensive line(wo)man. I digress. Let us look forward.

Here ye! Here ye!
Hey ya'll we gon' dunk us a baby!

Its time for the wee one to be baptized. I enjoy this rite and am excited as I think there will be a crowd. Mimi and 2pop should be there. My sister and her tribe will be there as well. I have been told to include them more in my musings...

She lives in Egypt. Okay not really but I have to pack an extra camel to get to where she lives now. Great now I can't write anymore with out naming her... she shall hence for be known as... Sister? no no I have it! Hammy. So hammy and her husband, TheCoach, live about 30 minutes from us if you get all green lights, bring a snack and the camel doesn't break down. They have two adorable daughters, "I'm not a brat. I'm Bossy" and Spiderman. They are twins but if you see her, pretend you didn't know that and ask if they are twins. She loves that.

Hi! I'm his sister. Nice to meet you. Oh look something shiny
I love my nieces and their parents are okay too. We will come back to them at some point but back to the guest list.

My brood,
MiMi and 2Pop,
Hammy, TheCoach and her brood,
Next comes my baby cousin and her husband who we will refer to as.... TwoOfAKindWorkinOnAFullHouse. I adore them and have recently been getting closer to her. She is Godmother to my children and represents the Catholic Church. Pope Snope. I will take her and her husband over any pope! Anyway the Church should be happy to have them!

Plus he was too busy with his selfies (aside, he is awesome!)
Next? So, Jedi and the Girl with the Small Voice are coming as well. Mr. Jedi (as AARP and Fabulous call him) is Godfather to my children. He will be representing the small rural black baptist church. The Girl with the Small Voice also known as Face of an Angel/Mouth of a Sailor was planning a visit and it just worked out. To round out the group we have the Ginger Coworker of the Supermodel. Those three give us a blonde, a red head and a lithe well dressed little black man who the supermodel continues to tell me is still an option for her if I get out of line. Gotta love the way the current wife jokes.

I am sure I have left people out who the Supermodel has reached out to but I am inviting anyone that has access to the internets that reads this as well. I think there will be lunch after? A suggestion, get in line in front of StayPuft and stick around for the After After Party.

2 comments:

  1. Are you dunking the baby?? or getting the baby drunk?? Or both...because that last option makes it sound awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win for the century! We finally made the blog!!! More important news we'll bring the libations for the after, after party because you know Big Ricky's family brings the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete