Thursday, September 8, 2016

I find myself sitting in the pediatricians office with deep unanswered questions. The policy that daycare's have concerning a symptom free 24 hour period prior to returning to school   makes medical sense. Practically speaking, it is a hard pill to swallow. El Fox and I are sitting in a very small room with very few distractions. She has had what we are calling a persistent fever although walking in the door here seems to have reduced it. The children in the rooms around us need holy men based on the wailing. So, the guilt associated with taking up this poor doctor's time when she should be prepping for an afternoon exorcism is overwhelming. The walls seem to be getting closer. Oh wait, there is the doctor.
By the power of Grayskull you can't make me stay in here with her any longer! 
Well she was in a great mood. I was as well until the educated guess was made that I and my children once again have contracted a toddler disease. The same one as last time: hand, foot, mouth, paw, hoof disease. Eleanor is with me for the second day. Yesterday she came to class and helped my students not learn. She started by writing her full name on the chalkboard. She proudly told the pest control guy today that she had done this and that all the students looked at her but not her daddy. So, day two.

I try to be patient when they are sick. Also need to re-watch this movie.
I woke up about two Benadryls later than I needed to this morning. See, I act as the bearer of bad news every morning and if I am not up, we are not up. Family is behind, breakfast is chaos, but everyone was dressed, ready to go, and out the door no more than 15 minutes late. We, however, did not get the pancakes that were promised due to tardiness. I lost points.
Sorry not Sorry! I am counting on the two year old  to learn to work an alarm clock before any of the others.
I take numbers three and four. Drop off the baby dino in his room. As I leave, I look back and he is face down on the floor, arms above his head. If my life had been on mute, I could have convinced myself that he was pretending to fly. The wailing I heard as I turned, ran, and muted my phone (so they couldn't call and ask me to keep him as well today) convinced me otherwise.

El Fox and I had a lovely day and accomplished quite a bit prior to the pediatrician. I worked a full day, away from the office, but a full day and it involved my daughter. By the end of the afternoon I was quite spent and needing some time away from errands, exorcisms and my erratic dog.

Supermodel comes home, says something about getting an A on an exam. She is incredible but don't tell her i said that. She then grabs up El Fox to go and retrieve the Dino and number 1 son. I take this time to throw on my truck-y clothes. El Fox says I smell truck-y after working on the truck and the supermodel won't let me wash these clothes in our washer so, I have one set of clothes that i will continue to wear while i work on the truck. When the truck is done, I will throw them away.
why didn't i think of this!? Sans the shoes. I only work barefooted.
I digress, I throw on truck-y clothes and grab every implement of metal cutting, grinding, and maiming that I can find to attack a transmission crossmember with. It won. I have dealt it some fatal blows but my family returned before I won.


families home, hey girl, how you darwin?
Back inside, shower, clean clothes, carry truck-y clothes out and throw them in the truck till next time and sit down for dinner. This is what I wanted to tell you about in the first place.

Son #1 aka AARP aka Wilson AKA Space Zebra begins dinner by recounting the best part of his day. He had taken a history quiz in second period and in the remaining time in class, their teacher asked the students to each create a company and a product. He collected them and chose several at random. AARP's was chosen. He had created a beverage company based in Switzerland. The product was called Cereal Milk. The idea being that the milk after a bowl of your favorite cereal is THE BEST. I have heard him lament the lack of Cereal Milk in the world so, at this point i was not surprised. He then told us how his teacher continued by reading the ingredients. "I started off with normal stuff like milk and sugar and cinnamon but then, I ran out of ideas." I can see the teacher, who is a scotsman, reading off the list "...and cinnamon and deer foot and aspirin"

Yes deer foot and aspirin. Not hoof.


Apparently the Scotsman lost his composure and couldn't read anymore before the bell because he couldn't stop laughing. We are still laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment