Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Night in The Home

So seventh grade band concert tonight. I got out of it this year but am home with the other three. Afternoon you ask?

Get boys.
Groceries.
Dishes cleaned.
Start cooking ethnic delight (ikea Swedish meatballs, don't knock em).
Dinner by 4:50 so supermodel and aarp can leave by 5:10 to avoid the throngs of fans/parents mobbing the concert.
Then clear table.
Start aristocats for El Fox.
Switch to 101 Dalmatians.
Grab small brother and begin THE process.
Endure the first hour of laying next to him while he counts the ways in which you are not his mother at the top of his lungs.
At one and one half hours wake up with him asleep with is head firmly planted on your chest. He had tried this position before but smacked my chest and pulled and pushed like he was fighting a cheap hotel pillow. Now I am not good enough because I am flat chested.
Extract yourself from his clutches without waking the beast.
More dishes and blogging to avoid putting El Fox down.

Time to read about George and the ice cream shop.

Updates:
It is the next morning now.
The Supermodel came home and helped with El Fox
I did dishes again. From now on we are eating off paper plates and drinking from a water fountain
Small brother woke up again.
Supermodel lays with him and falls asleep herself.
Wake up Supermodel for wine and to move him out of my spot in the bed and to his room.
He then proceeds to not sleep at all but takes up my spot in the bed. To be fair I was in and out of it. I finally gave up at four and went to lay with El Fox so that I could get enough sleep to get the four minions to school this morning while The Supermodel slept in a bit.

The good news is that everyone was in a great mood this morning. I really do love them all and can't imagine my life without them.

Today has to be better though or I quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment