Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Projects

This last week around The Home has been extraordinarily quite as the boys are at their dad last week and this week. This means that things around here a pretty laid back. Lots of projects getting done. Having four minions progeny angels... well having four children keeps the project load a bit high. I try to not let Mr. Fabulous and AARP see me doing projects for their sister and not doing things for them. I am fair that way. Number 4 doesn't seem to mind too much at this point.

Ongoing projects you ask?
Picture this... Close your eyes and remember back to middle school. Not try and pinpoint that smell from gym as the young men found their bodies smell bouquet begin to bloom. It then immediately turns into a rotting garbage smell best I can remember. This then gets masked with deodorants with names like AwesomeSauce and I'mBoss and Swagalicious.

Okay now open your eyes. The boys have a pink 1950's bathroom. Upon seeing it for the first time Mr. Fabulous said he wouldn't use it. We then told him we didn't live in the country anymore so no peeing in the back yard. He relented. The unique thing about their pink bathroom is that it only has a bath and no shower. See picture below.
Clean this tub you must, Filthy it is. 
So, they soak in their own filth. Recently I have found that after they get out of the bathroom Stay-Puft's bath toys are in the tub. Those foam letters are fun, I don't blame them really. So all this to say, they have a shower now. We still have to figure out tile or some such and a shower curtain but, I sleep better knowing that my kids don't have to be the stinky ones. There  is always a stinky kid I warned AARP and this seems to have worked. He is pro shower now. 
In middle school stink terms, every shower is an emergency shower.
Second project is Stay Puft's bed. She is really slimming down now with all the pool time of late but her Dozier status has not changed. Run through a wall and be more stubborn than it. Anyway, I need her crib for Number 4. She is being evicted from it and as such needs a big girl bed. We took the front off the crib a while back and have been using it as a de facto toddler bed that she won't sleep in. The floor is so much better. Just ask her. So, a princess bed. Fun parts. Supermodel thought it was a twin sized bed and fell in love. It is a full sized bed and I loaded it in the car. It was covered in child killing lead based paint. Supermodels attempt as stripping said neurotoxin were futile. So it was sandblasted and then Number 4 and I went to buy steel to reinforce and make better. 

There is a great sense of pride pulling into a steel supply yard with all of its cranes and men and sparks and grease and what not and holding a two month old while you give him a bottle. I do think this is what landed me a date with the supermodel this past weekend. 

You can't see Toothless (my minivan) but it is parked behind the truck and
I am in the back shopping and giving Number 4 a bottle. 
I digress, I got to weld and cut and grind and weld to my hearts content (read as: until the smoke detectors went off). We are now in the process of finishing the paint job on this thing and it will be the girly-est thing in her life by leaps and bounds. 
picture this bed with a magenta bedspread in a room full of matchbox cars
So, boys get clean and she gets some idea that she may in fact be a real princess and not a really chatty bull dozer.

No comments:

Post a Comment