Friday, September 13, 2013

Dreams are funny things

Seriously scared me into
my 30's
Let me start by saying that I have no idea what prompted this dream. No strange bed time food. No bizarre evening. I know that my stream of consciousness when I am awake is exciting but who knew that it could be just as fun asleep.

I used to have reoccuring dreams about the giant monsters from The Muppet Show. From childhood well into adulthood. Last night was much more fun.

I have no idea what happened in most of the dream but prior to waking up it was myself with a large band on a quite large stage. Picture Sydney Opera House. The band was made entirely of people of Indian descent. The bass player was killing it but also had a blond wig over his hair. More like perched on his head. You could still see his black hair. The wig was similar to Andy Warhol's hair a la a bad Photoshop. I don't want to offend anyone so I won't attempt an artistic representation. (plus I tried and it wasn't very good)

What I want my mornings to be like
We were really doing it on stage and then it came time for my conga/bongo/djembe solo. There was about a 20 foot row of drums lined up single file. As I started to play them, quite well I might add, an orangutan came onto stage and followed me as I went down the line playing them. I would play the drum and move on and he would take over the drum I had been playing. The problem I have now that I am awake was that he was better than me. In the dream it was amazing. I think this may be some residual King Louis and Every Which Way But Loose jealousy.
Clyde totally has the
better smile

Either way, we had this incredible Tito Puente timbale/conga groove and I was loving it. Then it was overshadowed by my alarm playing the hook from Outkast's song  SpottieOttieDopaliscious which is my alarm clock. Which is labeled as ALARM! in my phone because it reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 

Top That! My subconscious is awesome and if you want to borrow it you can. Please see my dreams playlist below:




Tito Puente
Alarm
SpottieOttieDopalisious


No comments:

Post a Comment